Fairport, Salvation Army Trading Company Fairport’s new contract with Salvation Army Fairport Containers Ltd (Fairport), providing refurbishment services for clothing banks and waste containers, is pleased to announce a new contract awarded by Salvation Army Trading Company for Bank Transport & Refurbishment. During the first 9 months, Fairport has already processed 1,107 clothing banks and transported 2,017 clothing banks nationwide. In order to fulfil such complex requirements Fairport has invested in additional infrastructure and resources. Expanding the vehicle fleet to include for the first time a 7.5 Tonne HIAB vehicle dedicated to delivering banks to limited access sites and remote locations. Additionally, a new Mercedes Atros HIAB wagon & drag has been purchased and will be delivered by the end of this year. Furthermore, several new staff members have been employed specifically to assist the increased production and become account managers for the new contract.
Steve Collinson, Managing Director of Fairport, commented, “This is a strategic contract award for Fairport and exemplifies our success within the Charity and Public Sectors. This most recent achievement further validates why organisations like Salvation Army Trading Company want to utilise our expertise in project managing a contract of this scale for a refurbishing and branding programme and site delivery coordination. We are delighted to be part of The Salvation Army’s valuable work.”
Aaron Johnson, Project Manager at Salvation Army Trading Company said, “The partnership with Fairport enables us to deliver thousands of clothing banks across the country at ease and complete projects at a high volume. Our clothing banks are a fundamental component of recycling and stopping textiles going to landfill.” Salvation Army Trading Company operates over 8,000 textile banks across the country and reuse over 40,000 tonnes annually. Over the last 10 years it has contributed over £76 million to further The Salvation Army’s vital charitable work. “We are excited to see this partnership progress further in the future and working together to reduce the amount of textiles going to landfill,” Aaron added. For more information about the clothing bank collections service, please email email@example.com and for more information about Fairport please visit www.fairportcontainers.co.uk Ends About Salvation Army Trading Company Salvation Army Trading Company was established in 1991 to help fund The Salvation Army's vital work with vulnerable people.
The Salvation Army Trading company raises money and encourages the reuse and recycling of textiles through a network of over 240 charity shops, 10 donation centres and 2 superstores. The company works to a target of zero waste, with less than 1% of collections through initiatives in the UK being sent to landfill, while the other 99% is reused or recycled. http://www.satradingco.org/ About Fairport Containers Fairport was the first company of its kind in the industry founded 26 years ago. With several locations in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire and Somerset, each with its own dedicated transport, it provides comprehensive nationwide service and storage solutions. www.fairportcontainers.co.uk
Fairport: - Chaya Fernando, 01257 476 064, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salvation Army Trading Company: Jey Sharman, 07827033563, Jey.email@example.com