Carry out servicing and repairs commercial vehicles to the highest standards. From diagnosis using the latest tools and manufacturers diagnostic equipment to all aspects of repair including brakes, clutches, gearbox’s engines and electrics.
Qualified to NVQ level 3, City and Guilds or equivalent, experienced commercial vehicle mechanic with an excellent eye for detail and proficient in the use of diagnostic laptop computers.
The following is a list of the main activities for the position but it is not exhaustive.
· Reporting to Service Manager.
· Carry out servicing and repairs of commercial vehicles in line with legislation and Manufacturer recommendations.
· Servicing and repair of Trailers.
· MOT inspections, preparation and presentation.
· Test and diagnose faults using the latest diagnostic computers, interpreting repair instructions and technical information.
· Electrical fault finding and repair.
· Roller brake testing, fault diagnosing and repair.
· Accurately complete job cards with all documentation, parts issued and write ups to service admin for invoicing.
· Observe all health and safety advice and procedures, including use of personal protective equipment and clothing.
· Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and safe condition.
· Maintain quality standards of health and safety, dress, attitude, customer care and honesty in order to portray a professional image to customers at all times.
· Discuss any work requiring additional tooling or skill with Workshop Supervisor.
· Qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
· Full clean driving license (essential)
· LGV (CE) license preferred but not essential.
· Own tools
Personality: Self-driven, organised, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality. Ability to get on with others and be a team-player.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £39,451.00-£41,551.00 per year
• Company events
• On-site parking
• Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus scheme
• Driving Licence (required)
Waste Container and Recycling Bank Refurbishment Specialist,....
We have invested in two brand new vehicles for the…